The Trip Leader role is the right fit for you if you:
- If your ideal role includes showing people the best of beautiful destinations
- Are a quick-thinking, hands-on, and proactive person
- Have the ability to communicate and deal with people of all ages and different cultural backgrounds
- Passionate about life, enthusiastic towards daily objectives and take pleasure in influencing the experiences of others
If these sound of interest to you, we want you to join our team as a professional Trip Leader.
We are now accepting applications for our 2020 operational season. We are looking for both experienced Trip Leaders and travel industry professionals who want to diversify and pursue a hands-on experience.
The Trip Leader is responsible for ensuring a seamless and professionally executed short-term or faculty-led program experience for our partners. In this role, you are the on the ground representation of 4.0 Tours and are expected to have extension destination knowledge, the ability to lead the group through their program itinerary, and make all participants feel comfortable and tended to throughout their experience abroad.
A Trip Leader is expected to always be thinking ahead and proactive, having a plan A, B, and C at the ready in the case that changes need to be made to the program itinerary on the fly due to weather, transport delays, or other unexpected changes that can occur in program operation. You will work in-step with our partnership management and operations teams to prepare for your program.
Trip Leaders will undergo extensive destination training through online moduled learning and then attend a weeklong in-person trip leader training at the end of February 2020.
If you have no prior experience in the travel industry but possess prior experience in customer service, leadership skills and a passion for travel, then we encourage you to apply.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Complete ownership of program itinerary
- Ensure seamless execution of the program while addressing possible changes as they arise
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to participants and staff
- Maintain a diplomatic temperament and empathetic nature
- Impeccable organization of multiple moving parts of the program itinerary
- Team player but with a proven ability to work independently
- Proven ability to deal with young people confidently and professionally
- Fluent in English and at least one other European language (Spanish, French, German, Italian, etc.)
- Prior experience in tourism or other relevant experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A passion for working with people across multiple cultures
- Competencies in GSuite
- Highly self-motivated and able to manage tasks and programs with minimal oversight
- Experience in working remotely is a plus
- Experience in leading groups is a plus
Benefits of working with 4.0 Tours
- Majority of living expenses are covered whilst leading groups (accommodation, most meals)
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- A diverse and rewarding work environment with likeminded people
- Flexible working hours with time to explore the best of Europe
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team
- Weeklong Training in Florence week of February 24, 2020**
- Must be in living in Europe by End of April
- Programs Operate from May 2020 – August 2020
**If you’re unable to make this weeklong training date, please contact us about the possibility of remote participation.