Reports to and works directly with the 4.0 Tours Operations Manager who is based in Florence, Italy.
The Operations Intern is responsible for sourcing products and suppliers based on the needs of the client, as well as maintaining and nourishing existing partnerships with service providers. To do so, the intern is tasked with managing the supply chain for specific products and acting as a liaison between internal operations staff and suppliers across multiple destinations. The Operations Intern serves as a link between Operations, Supply Chain, and customer satisfaction.
The position is remote and must be based in European time zones. Position requires the ability to travel for work.
The role will require working with existing and potential suppliers to construct short-term and faculty-led study abroad programs throughout Europe and Morocco. The Operations Intern will work as a part of cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs. Programs will fulfill the clients’ needs and wishes while maintaining the brand’s high standard for quality and adhering to budgetary restrictions.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in an area of specialty and prior experience in the field of Operations or similar. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals and manage scope of work. Perform a variety of tasks. Ability to follow direction from various leaders while also instructing the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Be the primary point of contact and build relationships with supplier partners
- Collaborate on study abroad program development
- Source and develop products and services in accordance with the budgetary and operational needs and restrictions of the client
- Work seamlessly with the sales team to plan and execute all aspects of the program outlined in client contracts
- Maintain upstanding partner relationships with product and service suppliers
- Fluent in English
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Access to computer and internet
- Competencies in GSuite, CRMs (Hubspot)
- High competency in Google Sheets (or similar) is a plus
- Other European languages are a plus
- Experience in working remotely is a plus
- Prior experience in product management, operations, or other relevant experience is a plus
Start Date: January 7, 2020